The number of unique technical attributes of the product, as the cone-in-cone seating design with the multiple laminations and the metal seat makes the series TRI-CON to an allrounder for many different industrial applications.
Zwick valves are used for industrial and exhaust gases, liquids, hot water or steam at lowest as well at high temperature zones up to 815°C. The TRI-CON is utilized extensively in the chemical, petro-chemical, oil & gas, offshore and district heating markets.
Large Really large.
Zwick likes it large. And large is also meant large. Valves can be manufactured in maximum diameters, more than 180 cm!
Maximumperformance –day to day
The series TRI-CON contains nominal sizes from 2” to 88”and pressure classes from ANSI 150 lbs to 900 lbs.
The complete range of standard body styles like lug type,double flange, and gate valves face to face dimensions are available in various raw materials.
The self-centering disc
The construction guarantees the optimal position of the laminated seal against the seat. Jamming due to thermal expansion is eliminated.
Torque transmission using keys
The disc is keyed to the shaft not pinned, providing balanced torque transmission and eliminating the danger of pins shearing off.
Ideal lamination and disc design
The strong disc with its eliptical supporting surface offers the best fixing of the lamination. Bubble tightness is given as a result of the special machining of the lamination.
Supporting bearing bushings
The optimal position of the bearing reduces the risk of the shaft bending. This guarantees bi-directional tightness at maximum differental pressure.
- Triple eccentric design
- Metal seating
- Pressure classes according ANSI 150/300/600/900 and PN 10/16/25/40/63/100/160
- Full bi-directional shutoff as per API 598 and/or DIN EN 12266-1
- Temperature range up to 815°C
- Size range 2″ – 88″ (DN 50-2200)
- Friction free opening and closing
- Vacuum tight
- Laminated seal and seat made of stainless steel
- Anti blow-out shaft API 609
- Steel casting, stainless steel, special alloys
- Fire-safe acc. to BS 6755 and API 607 4th ed. for both flow directions
- Fugitive emission control acc. to “TA-Luft II”
- Optional Double Block & Bleed Design
- Special customer requirements on request
- SIL 3
- EPA 21
The capability of Zwick Armaturen GmbH includes standard process valves of the TRI-CON Series as well as a wide range of special valves.
Patented sealed bearing
ZWICK Armaturen has designed a zero leakage bushing (patented) that prevents line media from penetrating into the bushing cavity. This design has been proven in the severest of applications where other designs have failed due to fouling or corrosion of the bushing and shaft.
- storage tanks
- on- and offshore
- LNG and LPG
- ethylene extraction
- Chemical Industry
- power plants
- process media (critical applications such as butadiene, styrene, ethylene, propylene, etc.)
- process cooling (cold box)
- supply and storage
- Mining industry
- corrosive cases
- Power Generation
- hot water
- power plant (nuclear, coal, gas, steam, biomass)
- solar heat (thermal oil, molten salt)
- geothermal energy
- shale gas
- water- and pump-storage / hydro power plant
- waste incineration and processing plant district heat
- Steel industry
- exhaust gases
- coke oven
- steam, water
- energy recovery
- blast furnace
- Sugar industry
- hot water
- Gas industry
- technical gases (e.g. oxygen, nitrogen) flammable gases (e.g. natural gas)
- carbon capture & storage
- mole sieve switching valves dehydration
- gas to liquids processing
- Pulp & paper industry
- hot water
The triple offset geometry and the special features guarantee 100% zero-leakage performance even during extreme temperature variation and pressure peaks.
TRI-CON valves offer the widest laminated seal ring in the market today, made possible by true cone-in-cone seating design which assures a frictionless opening and closing with lowest torques and without break-away torque. Zwick’s design provides 100% tightness in gas services.
Zwick valves are used for critical services in many global industries for liquids and gases. The triple offset valves are designed for temperatures up to 815°C and for cryogenic services.